Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Drip, Drip, Drip...


is not the way to deal with a betrayed spouse if a sincere reconciliation is to be attempted. 



The problem with the drip method is that as more lies are exposed, all forward progress is invalidated as the betrayal becomes fresh again. 

As I think about my past week's events, I am incredulous that cheaters think they can get away with their lies!  The truth always comes out in the end.  Maybe later in some cases than sooner, but lies do have a funny way of emerging.  Do they seriously think we are that stupid?  Are we not worth the dignity of the truth from the get-go? 

My husband initially denied having sex with 'the skank', to then admitting to 'messing around', short of oral sex and intercourse.  When he finally admitted to having sex 'twice' (he claims), he told me he knew it would come to light eventually, but didn't want to 'ruin' things, since we were doing so well and he was 'getting his family back.'  Unfortunately for him, this admission eroded the trust we were slowly rebuilding and started the questioning process again.  So we talked at length...again. 

Drip, Drip, Drip.

I am finally optimistic that the drip has been fixed.  While there really were no more 'secrets', there was confirmation of several suspicions.  Those suspicions prevented me from truly having faith in my husband's attempt to put the marriage back together.  Deep down, I already knew the answers.  He acknowledge his fear in confessing because he thought it would ruin things, not realizing his omissions and half truths were in fact sabotaging his reconciliation efforts.  

I no longer am interested in further details. The information I requested and confirmation of what I suspected was fully disclosed. It was never about the infinite minute-by-minute accounting of his time with the skank, it was about what I discovered and suspected. It was about validating my dignity with the truth so we could move on.  I don't feel there's anything more he's hiding.  Hopefully, I'm right...






2 comments:

  1. So true. Each new drip, sets me back to the start. It's frustrating.

    I hope your husband has disclosed it all so you can truly move forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says he has. He says he thought he was doing the right thing by not telling me this supposedly last thing as he was afraid to because things were going so well. Hopefully he's telling the truth...

      Delete

The Queen is In has Moved to Wordpress!

The Queen Is In has moved over to Wordpress. Come over and visit! https://thequeenisincom.wordpress.com