Friday, April 28, 2017

Things We Do Differently Now


may seem to be common sense to most people, but in the chaos of life, sometimes they are inadvertently neglected. My husband and I plead guilty...

Since we have been trying to rebuild our marriage, my favorite 'thing' is having coffee and breakfast together most every morning. I have to confess, it has been wonderful to share this early part of the day together. I concoct our omelette of the day, cut up some fresh fruit, toast a bagel and brew fresh ground coffee while he reads some of the paper and then we leisurely talk over breakfast. On days my husband has early appointments, we speed things along, otherwise we take our time, sometimes even adjourning to the bedroom for a quick nap or... whatever.




We compliment each other and practice kindness over criticism, therefore enjoying each other's company more. I used to dread coming home and seeing his car in the driveway. Now when I come home, I am disappointed if I don't see it.

Date nights are crucial. In our early years, we didn't have a lot of extended family support and spent the majority of our free time together as a family.  We were nearly never together as a couple. At the time, this lack of 'us' time didn't appear to be a problem, but we realize now how imperative some kid-free time is to nurture our relationship.  

What are some ways you renew your relationships or keep them going strong?  Are there any daily, weekly, monthly routines you like to follow? Please share! Maybe it's something I can incorporate in my own life...




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Queen is In has Moved to Wordpress!

The Queen Is In has moved over to Wordpress. Come over and visit! https://thequeenisincom.wordpress.com