Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A Little About Dolly





I am a 50 something, married, stay at home mom.  My two sons are young teens.  Early on, both were diagnosed with autism. They are very smart young men, straight A students and knowledgeable on a variety of subjects.  

I met my husband 25 years ago on a blind date and we've been married for 17 years. However, this past September, I discovered he was having an affair. My world turned upside down. While we agreed to work on our marriage which admittedly had been neglected, a lot of days my mood alternates between pissed off and hurt.  It's going to be an ongoing process and I can't honestly say at this point how it's going to end.

I started keeping a journal of the first few weeks and as I have been working through the hurt and anger, I've found writing about it helps.  I'm admittedly not the greatest writer, but the first post I wrote and submitted was accepted and published on Scary Mommy this past weekend.

My post on Scary Mommy can be seen here:

My Husband's Affair Saved Our Marriage

There were quite a few comments, most weren't too favorable and I can certainly relate.  Before this happened, I was one of those people who said an affair was the end.  No ifs, ands or buts. And then it happened to me.  

A good number of positive comments were left on the Scary Mommy post as well. It was encouraging to read other women's similar experiences where a reconciliation was successful.  

I hope the subject of the blog evolves to more than the affair and relationship crap. I hope to hear other stories from those of you who can relate. I know many don't agree with trying to work things out as the common consensus is cheating is the ultimate betrayal, one that rips your heart out and shows the ultimate disrespect. I've learned many times however, things aren't always black and white and there is no one right or wrong way to deal with some of life's challenges.   

I welcome everyone's opinion, I know everyone has their own perspectives and beliefs when it comes to cheating, but please keep it respectful.

Welcome to my blog, The Queen Is In.  

I am looking forward to hearing from you!  

xoxo, Dolly


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Queen is In has Moved to Wordpress!

The Queen Is In has moved over to Wordpress. Come over and visit! https://thequeenisincom.wordpress.com