Sunday, June 18, 2017

The Other Night...


...my husband and I dined at our new favorite restaurant, feasting on mouthwatering Italian cuisine complete with entertainment in the form of a very talented seventeen year old crooner singing Frank Sinatra songs.  Thursday nights have morphed into an enjoyable date night routine.



This Thursday we savored our wine and relaxing dinner.  The conversation was light and we were laughing.  But somewhere between the appetizer and dinner, we were discussing a  business acquaintance and something was said which triggered me.  I can't recall the exact conversation, but the list of it had something to do with this guy not respecting boundaries and needing to be set straight.  My response was, "and that's why I tried to contact her."

The 'here she goes again' look appeared, and he asked if I was going to call her or drop by her house, knowing damn well I would do neither.  I told him I was thinking of texting her.  He said great, put in writing in a text.  I answered that I was thinking of purchasing a burner phone and texting her this picture:  



I then retrieved the text I had been working on all week which was stored in my 'notes' app in my phone and showed him my short but sweet paragraph.

"YOU gave him his ultimate Karma and I got to watch. #priceless.  I told him to tell you, but he said "let her figure it out herself.  Would have loved to tell you in person but you'd rather sneak around behind my back than have the guts to face me. #karmadoescome #ifyouareluckygodletsyouwatch #imaluckygirl #karmasabitchifyouare #dirtyskank #whore #fuckyou"

He said, "You'd better not send it."  

I replied, "I will if I want to."

"It will only make things worse for me."

To which I responded, "Too bad.  That's your problem, not mine. But, you should be glad that I'm telling you and not hiding it.  Do you understand how livid I am? Do you know the amount of restraint I have in not sending it?"

He nervously laughed and ultimately agreed.  I added, "I was thinking of sending it when you have your surgery. That way if she tried to call you, you wouldn't be at the office to answer the phone."  He was actually speechless for a moment.  "Nice." he finally muttered.

It felt good to write it and it felt liberating to tell him, which also alleviated some of the manic urge to actually text to her.  Once it was out in the open and discussed, our conversation reverted back to the light topics of our day and the upcoming week.  

Dinner was fabulous and the company wasn't so bad either.










No comments:

Post a Comment

The Queen is In has Moved to Wordpress!

The Queen Is In has moved over to Wordpress. Come over and visit! https://thequeenisincom.wordpress.com